July 25-29, 2022
Registration is now closed! We look forward to seeing you all in July.
The Forty-Fifth UALE Northeast Summer School for Union Women is a four-day residential program. The school brings together rank-and-file members, staff, and officers of unions and workers’ rights organizations to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the U.S. labor movement. UALE advocates education as an essential tool to develop new activists and leaders who will grow and transform the labor movement. We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” which includes trans women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people. Spanish language interpretation will be offered throughout the program.
This year’s school will be hosted by the LABOR School at Penn State. Participants stay on campus in single dorm rooms with private bathrooms. All rooms are non-smoking. The school will begin Monday, July 25 at 6:00 p.m. (check-in time will be from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.) and will conclude on Friday, July 29 at 1:00 p.m.
Workshop A Choices:
- Health and Safety as an Organizing Tool
- Internal Organizing for Member Power
- The Legal Right to Resist
- Fighting for Racial Justice
- Building Power through Bargaining
- Using social media as a Communications Tool
- Community Coalitions for Worker Power
- Democratic Rights under Attack
- Running for Office in your Community
- Building an Economy for Workers from Crisis
- Women in Nontraditional Jobs
- Public Speaking
- $725 union members
- $500 non union worker organization
- This reduced rate is intended to support workers without union memberships, such as those represented through worker centers, allied organizations like Jobs with Justice, those working for immigrants rights, etc. If you are unsure if your organization qualifies for this reduced rate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $375 commuter fee
- Includes tuition and two meals per day
Residential fee includes tuition, housing, and meals for the four days of summer school.
Stay up to date by visiting Penn State’s website for policies surrounding COVID-19.