Welcome to LER!
For over 70 years, the mission of the School of Labor & Employment Relations has been to make workplaces better through teaching, research, and outreach.
From its beginnings as an extension program with a small, part-time staff of adult education specialists, the program has grown to an internationally recognized academic department with twenty-four full-time faculty, seven staff, 225 residential majors, 40 residential grad students, and over 1,700 part-time online students. The department also has more than 3,500 alumni working in a range of capacities for national and multinational corporations, small businesses, labor unions, government, and non-profits. Its Alumni Program Board was the first such group organized in the College of the Liberal Arts and has remained a leader among departmental alumni groups at Penn State.
- Upcoming Events
- Sep 02, 2015 | 08:00 PM Meet the Faculty- New HRER MPS Student Webinar
- Sep 07, 2015 | 12:00 PM Labor Day Holiday- No Classes
- Sep 16, 2015 | 07:30 PM LER Majors and Minors Meeting
- Oct 05, 2015 | 08:00 PM Webinar on HR Analytics presented by: Jason Desentz
- Oct 08, 2015 | 07:30 PM Seventeenth Annual Outstanding Alumni Lecture
- Video Spotlight
Learn more about the LER major and the many career options available in human resources, law, government, and the labor movement!